Marryat TACTICAL series rods are the fusion of years of technical research by the Institute of Technology Lausanne, shing know-how from world champions Pascal Cognard and Jérôme Brosutti and the touch master rod builder Alain Ourtilani using innovative REC components.
First and foremost, these are shing rods! They are really good at casting a long line with tight loops but don’t be fooled, there is more to shing than just distance. From the moment you get a TACTICAL rod in your hand you can tell that is different – it is very light and quite tippy when you feel the action, so you can cast it all day. Its modern action makes it powerful, fast and accurate yet it is sensitive and responsive enough to sh dry y and nymph on the ne tippet at close quarters. When you hook a shing you will immediately realize why these rods are different – sensitivity, unlike
other good casting rods, Marryat TACTICAL rods are designed to play a trophy shing on ne tackle without the risk of losing it to stressed tippet!
£385.00 – £430.00
The TACTICAL Series offers a rod for almost every situation; Light tackle a cionados can choose stream rods from 7 foot and 8 foot 4-weight and the now-classic 5- and 6-weights. These rods are delicate enough for close work on the brooks and streams of England yet are powerful enough to close haul a lunker from still waters anywhere.
Reviewed as probably the best value premium rods available the 4-weights are true to their line rating, unlike many of their American counterparts, here “4-means-4”, especially important when it comes to the 10 footers available in 3-, 4- and 5-weight versions which excel when it comes to Czech- and French-style nymph techniques where a fast and light tip-section are essential for detecting a take on a short line.
Classic Tactical 9ft 5- and 6-weight rods easily out-perform competitors with ease and reserves of power that are needed to present bigger ie on rivers and lakes. The 9ft 8-weight brings the sheer power needed to stop saltwater predators and sea trout in their tracks with an anodized reel seat for endurance.
- 4 Piece Construction packs away for ease of travel in a specifically designed cloth bag and its own embroidered square cross-section cordura tube - prevents it from rolling off the car or out of the boat!
- Hard Chrome Titanium single foot rings for improved action and reduced weight with matching low profile, lined stripping guide rings.
- Top Quality Cork Handle with green aluminium fittings and maple burl wood spacer compliment the beautiful deep green blank and whippings (#8 9ft provided with deep anodized sea grade fittings)
- The High Modulus Blank has been specifically designed to be lightweight, responsive and provide the power to punch a big lure into the wind or delicately present a dry fly under a tree
- Available in #3, #4, #5, #6, #7/8 freshwater and #8 all-purpose rods
Keep an eye out on our blog page for reviews of all of the Marryat Rod range. Our pros have been using them for a long time and can give you an honest opinion.