SPRITE competition wet s2175:
Still Water Buzzers
- SPRITE Competition WET S2175 in sizes #8 to #16 works best.
- Nanosilk thread as it lays nice on the hook and the spools never fail.
- Wire ribbing or quills, any type of dubbing works too. Wire ribbing helps with the extra weight and shows the natural segments of the Buzzer.
- Flexi Cord, Tinsel or Goose Biots are perfect for the cheeks.
- Add some flash on top of the thorax for some flashback or leave them plain.
- Breathers can be added, I always have both options in the boxes.
- You’ll need a few coats of varnish to help the fly stay together after a few fish.
- UV-resin and a torch can be used for a quicker finish when tying big batches.
Single Fly – Washing Line method with a Blob / FAB or Bushy Dry – Bung Fishing method – Fishing Emergers.
Read more from the blog
S1800: Olive Collard Heron Fly Article written and flies tied by Scott Biron This is a version of Nick Lambrou’s Olive Heron fly pattern. This version is a simple two material pattern tied on a Sprite S1800 in size 10. Every fall I end the season fishing a remote...
Sprite S1052 Saltwater Single White and Pearl Saltwater Streamer Hook: Sprite Saltwater Single #6–10 Thread: Semperfli Pearl Microglint Tail (From Bottom to Top): White Bucktail, White Predator Fibre(Semperfli), Pearl Krinkleflash (Semperfli). Body: Tying Thread....
Fly fishing in Poland Written by Michał Wierzbicki Michał Wierzbicki is one of our European PRO-Team Members from Poland. Michał joined the team last year and he is certainly adding the wow factor, if you love his work as much as we do reach out on social media. Fly...