SPRITE competition wet s2175:
Still Water Buzzers
- SPRITE Competition WET S2175 in sizes #8 to #16 works best.
- Nanosilk thread as it lays nice on the hook and the spools never fail.
- Wire ribbing or quills, any type of dubbing works too. Wire ribbing helps with the extra weight and shows the natural segments of the Buzzer.
- Flexi Cord, Tinsel or Goose Biots are perfect for the cheeks.
- Add some flash on top of the thorax for some flashback or leave them plain.
- Breathers can be added, I always have both options in the boxes.
- You’ll need a few coats of varnish to help the fly stay together after a few fish.
- UV-resin and a torch can be used for a quicker finish when tying big batches.
Single Fly – Washing Line method with a Blob / FAB or Bushy Dry – Bung Fishing method – Fishing Emergers.
Read more from the blog
SPRITE Barbless Dry Hook S2160 - Foam Caddis Indicator Fly Joe RussellThis Foam / CDC winged caddis pattern was made to cover several different methods while fishing on rivers, lochs and stillwater; Fished on its own as a Dry Fly - long leader single fly works best....
SPRITE All Purpose Dry S1401 : The Parachute Midge Lasse BøeAn excellent hook of choice for this pattern; All Purpose Dry S1401 in #16 or even #18. When I am fishing rivers with light leaders and small flies, I need a hook I can depend on not to bend. The S1401 has...
Predator Single Light S1086 Lasse Boe My name is Lasse Bøe, 33 years old from Karmøy in the west coast of Norway. I make my living in health care, dealing with drug addicts and psychiatric patients. I am a writer for the Norwegian website www.fiskeavisen.no, as...